Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Water Bottles Hate Me

Really, they do.

Everyone that we aquire gets lost, broken, melted in the dish washer...or in the latest episode, knocked into the toilet.

A (BIG) part of the problem is my dear husband.
Yes, his job practically requires him to have a water bottle on his person at all times, so I suppose his opportunities to lose said water bottles are greater than your average joe's, but it's getting a little out of hand.
"Water bottle" shows up on his Christmas and birthday lists each year, and we also pick them up intermittently when we come across a good one at the store...yet if you open our cupboards and look, you will not see a single one!

You will see one or two (the only one or two we currently possess) on the counter waiting to be filled the next time Luke leaves the house--which, within a matter of weeks will probably be stranded on a soccer field somewhere in central Virginia.

And if you venture upstairs you will find MY water bottle, which resides on my night stand...and occassionally on our bathroom counter. It is the one and only water bottle that I have first and full dibs on (because I worked really, REALLY hard for it...all of you who have had children know the one I speak of) and, at nearly 10 months "old", it has outlived every other water bottle we (...Luke) have ever owned. It's huge, it has a handle, it has a straw, it's just great!

It nearly met its death the other day though.
I was sweeping and moping our bathroom floor, and I left the mop leaning against the bathroom counter.
But it slid down the counter and knocked my prized waterbottle right into the toilet! The toilet had bowl cleaner soaking in it at the time, which I haven't decided was a good thing or a bad thing (I suppose given the alternatives, soap certainly isn't the worst case scenario...). I rescued it right away, but at first, I thought the bottle was done for--as I was thoroughly grossed out. But after thinking about it for awhile, I decided to run it through the dishwasher, not think too much about it, and drink out of it again before I could change my mind.

Oh...
and if you have other opinions on what should have been the fate of my water bottle, specifically if you know a lot about germs, please keep them to yourself. What I don't know can't hurt me, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment