Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Learning this...

(and reminding myself daily):

Cheerfulness is a necessary consequence of our divine filiation,

of knowing that our Father God loves us with the love of predilection,

that He holds us up

and helps us

and forgives us.

Remember this and never forget it:

even if it should seem at times that everything around you is collapsing,

in fact nothing is collapsing at all,

because God doesn't lose battles.

~St. Jose Maria Escriva

I have to remind myself often that cheerfulness is necessary, given my distinction as an awesome daughter of God!! To be God's child and not be cheerful is to live a lie. For what more could one want? God loves me and wants what is best for me. I must trust and not worry.  I must hope in all circumstances, rather than getting upset when little things don't go my way.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

lean not on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,

and He will guide you path.

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment