Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Light at the End of a Very Long Tunnel


My motto for the past 18 months.
 Well, I think we have reached are encroaching upon the Promised Land of sleep.  I knew it would come--I just didn't know when.  But after nearly 18 months of middle of the night wakings and feedings, I think Augustine is starting to figure out this whole "sleep through the night" thing.  Since we did away with nursing before bed, he has slept through the night on most nights.  {Is this a bad time to say that's it's only been five nights...?}  Ok, so we are not exactly reveling in the land of milk and honey {no pun intended}, but we are getting a little taste of it, and I like it!  It's so nice--and strange--to put Augustine to bed at 7 pm and not hear from him again until morning {i.e. 5 or 5:30 am on most days--as you can see, we have a little work to do on defining "morning."}  

Aside from the early wake-up call, the only frustrating thing is that even though Little A is sleeping through the night, I am not!  I still wake up between 2 am and 4 am and sometimes can't get back to sleep for an hour or more!  Hopefully, I will be sleeping better soon.  

Keep it up, Augustine!!  Daddy and I are so proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment