Friday, April 29, 2011

7 Quick Takes (3)


1
Luke left his morning for Dayton, Ohio, for his first road trip of the soccer season.  Life isn't as bright when he is not here, but as tempting as it is, I have made a resolution {to try} not to wallow in misery.  After all, it doesn't do anyone any good, and, as Luke said, I have Augustine here to take care of me...or at least keep me company :). 

2
I dodged all the hype leading up to the big day, but this afternoon I watched the Royal Wedding at a friend's house.  {I know a lot of people are totally over the whole thing, but I had a lot of fun watching it, especially since I didn't know any of the details...and I am a romantic.  Who doesn't love weddings?!}  As the Bishop of London said during his homily, "Every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and groom as king and queen of creation, making a new life together so that life can flow through them into the future."  Amen to that.  

3
My younger sister is in the process of getting her massage therapy license.  She has just two weeks of intense training left...and then, {I hope she realizes} I will have a personal masseuse for life!!  Hot stone massage just because--yes, please.

4
It's First Communion season, and my family has two to celebrate this year!  One niece this weekend and another niece/Goddaughter next weekend.  Anybody have any Communion gift ideas for God children?

5
I am reading The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.  I will have to give my final review when I am finished, but so far I like it.  According to the doc, men are simple: all they want is food, respect, direct communication, appreciation, and good lovin'.  True??   

6
Didn't you love how the Bishop of London quoted Saint Catherine of Sienna on her Feast Day?  Me too. "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.
St Catherine, Pray for Us!

7
A week from today, Baby A and I are planning on driving 8 hours {one way} to celebrate my Goddaughter's First Communion.  Are we crazy?  Do you have any ideas on how to keep a 16 month old busy and happy in the car...for a LONG time?

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your review of the Dr's book! I did a quick skim of it last year and thought it was interesting but as I have no husband or boyfriend, don't really have a way of checking to see what she suggests is true.

    ReplyDelete