This morning I was catching up on my friend's blog (Finding Great Joy--if you haven't been, you really must), and her latest post was about winning a cyber award for being a "Versatile Blogger." I nodded in perfect agreement--Cynthia is hilarious and passionate and warm and creative...and she is an incredible story teller! She inspires, humors, and encourages through recipes, personal anecdotes, and relevant advice. (And being that we are both (sorta) new wives, new moms, and awesome Daughters of God, I can usually relate to what she writes).
As a newbie to the blogging world, I didn't know such awards existed, nor did I know that when you received one you had to divulge seven random facts about yourself and then pass the award onto fifteen other deserving bloggers.
Pretty fun, huh?
So in copperation with the rules, at the end of Cynthia's (always-so-good!) blog, she listed the fifteen bloggers she wished to honor. As I scrolled down the list, there it was:
Surely, there must be someone else with the same title as mine, I thought. So I clicked on it, just to be sure...and up popped my blog!
I just have to say that I am honored--not only to receive my first (and perhaps only) award-- but mostly because it came from Cynthia, who I consider a wonderful person and blogger.
In lieu of passing on the award just yet, I will hold onto it until I know at least fifteen bloggers (I currently follow seven...).
But I won't keep you waiting on my seven random facts:
1) I have a HUGE sweet tooth. You may not guess it by my slight frame, but I love love LOVE ice cream! We presently have five half gallons in our freezer... (M&Ms are also particularly wonderful).
2) I have passed out at every medical arena you can imagine--the medical doctor, eye doctor, dentist, chiropractor. (Yes, the chiropractor. It went something like this: "Stand over there by the wall, and I am going to push a button to take an x-ray of your back." The next thing I knew I was lying on the floor waking up).
3) I had major OCD tendencies as a child. My hands were always raw and my knuckles bleeding from all the hand washing, and I would sneak out of bed at night to make sure our front door was locked. I also refused to eat anything red for about a year--pasta without sauce is just not good, my friends. (I am pretty sure the situation has not completely resolved itself...).
4) Cleaning is hugely theraputic for me...but I am not without my preferences. I could fold laundry and vacuum carpet all day. If I never had to dust or vacuum hard wood again, that would be more than ok with me. Cleaning bathrooms falls somewhere in between.
5) Being a Mom is something I have always felt called to. The question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was never hard for me: "A Mom." ...Except for that year or two I flirted with "A Pediatrician"...like that would have panned out (see #2 above)??
6) One of my favorite things about being Catholic is the sacrament of Reconciliation. Although I don't go as often as I should, I think it reflects how perfectly loving and merciful and comforting and accepting and understanding and compassionate our Lord is.
7) My husband plays soccer, coaches soccer, and runs his own coaching business for a living. Because of this, he travels a bit, has a crazy, unpredictable schedule, and soccer--in one form or another--is a staple of our weekends almost year round. But I wouldn't trade it for anything because Luke gets to work from home a lot and his schedule offers flexibility...it is rare for us to go 8-5 without seeing each other, Luke is often home to see Augustine's smiling face when he wakes up from a nap, a few days a week I get to make him lunch (and enjoy it with him), at least once a week we get to go to daily Mass together, if he's out doing sales calls, he can stop in and visit me at work on the days that I nanny...and his "office" is just up the stairs and to the right, so I can steal kisses whenever I want!