Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Rude Awakening

...literally!

One might say our son hasn't been sleeping well at night lately...that is, unless you consider waking up at all hours and intervals of the night "well." Needless-to-say, Luke and I are pretty tired by the time morning rolls around.

But what exactly is morning?

I think Augustine may be in disagreement with his parents on thise one...and according to a reliable source (one of countless baby books I enjoy reading), Augustine may be right!

Apparently, babies need 10-12 hours of sleep each night. So if we put Augustine to bed around 7:30 pm, we cannot be too put out when he wants to wake up for the day at 5:30 am! Yikes! Up until this point, he has been more on the 11-12 hour side of things, but Luke experienced first hand the 9 1/2 hour side of things Tuesday morning when Augustine got up at 4:45 am! Luckily for me, my wonderful husband gets up with the little man each morning so I can sleep in for a bit--I don't know if Luke thought his act of chivalry would include 4:45 am duty (even I would have thrown that in with "middle of the night Mom duty"), but if the book says it, who am I to argue??

Hopefully, it was just a fluke and Augustine will go back to sleeping in a bit more!

**Just to update, it WAS a fluke, and Augustine has not been up that early again! Good news for Luke...**







No comments:

Post a Comment