Thursday, March 31, 2011

Three Years of Bliss

On March 28th, Luke and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. I am so thankful that God has called us to be together...forever! We celebrated on our actual anniversary with a great dinner and fun movie at Cinebistro. I ate half a cow topped with a few slices of pig {it was an intense [double] burger!}, and Luke had salmon. Both were delicious!

But we started the festivies early by spending the day before our anniversary near Washington D.C. with my Dad who was in town for a conference. While my Dad was in meetings, we took a lovely walk, making stops for cocoa and cupcakes and then snuggled up in my Dad's hotel room to watch VCU beat Kansas to advance to the Final Four! That evening, my Dad spoiled us with a super fancy dinner with the other attendees of the conference. Luke, of course, said it was all part of his plan...he's crafty.


While we were eating dinner, Luke and my Dad were arguing over who was luckier--Luke as my husband or my Dad, as my Dad--they really know how to make a girl feel loved :) {though, in fact, it is I who am the luckiest}. Anyway, I just though it was really sweet when my Dad said,




"I am so blessed. I have five children whom I absolutely adore, and five children-in-law who are just like my children."


Awww.



In short, I am feeling very blessed--as a daughter, and especially as a wife, as Luke and I continue on our journey of love.

2 comments: