Saturday, March 5, 2011

Please Pass the Bread...

My little helper in the kitchen.

Latley, I have been loving baking bread. Especially the pumpkin bread and beer bread I am about to tell you about...



I know, I know, winter isn't exactly peak pumpkin bread season, but I could eat pumpkin bread everyday and enjoy baking it {and taking in the scent} year round. In the past, I have always stuck to using Emeril Lagasse's recipe, but the other day I didn't have one of the ingredients I needed for it so I got on google and found this gem. It's really yummy! We like to spread peanut butter on it--surprise, surprise--and cream cheese frosting tastes ah-maz-ing as well! {Oh, and in the case you don't need THREE loaves, you can divide the recipe accordingly. I baked two loaves the other day and froze one to enjoy later this month.}



Ok, are you ready for the easiest bread recipe ever?!



All you need is:



3 cups self-rising flour {do not use all-purpose...I may or may not be able to personally vouch for that}

3 tablespoons sugar

1 12 oz. can/bottle of beer {Newcastle tastes awesome! But any beer will work--darker ales produce a stronger-flavored bread}

3 tablespoons of butter, melted



Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.



In a medium bowl, stir together flour, beer, and sugar.



Spread batter in prepared pan.



Bake for 20 minutes. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes more.



Wa-La! You have beer bread!



It tastes great thinly sliced for grilled cheese...or dipped in soup...or to accompany a tasty salad.



Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment