Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Big 3-0!

Totally wrote this forever ago but didn't ever upload the pictures for it...until now.  Doing some serious house cleaning on my "draft" box. :)
Someone sneaked right out of bed and joined the party.
I can't say I blame him :)
So, I turned 30 a couple months ago.  Unlike the years between 22 and 29, which are all fairly anticlimactic, 30 seems to be the age when society deems you older-ish, or at the very least, a real adult.  I still feel like I should be in my twenties, but when I see college students I wonder why they look so young...until I realize, it's really that I look old. :)  Regardless, I feel so blessed with each and every day that God has given me.  I could not be happier to be married to my soul mate and to have two beautiful children.   

We had a couple celebrations to commemorate the big day. A bunch of friends, as well as my sisters and Dad, came over for an adult party at our house. We had a great time, and it was nice to catch up with some friends that we haven't seen for awhile.
Best of Friends since 7th grade.  Reason 573,834 I love Colorado. 
My Dad is pretty great.
It has been years since all three of my sisters have been in the same place to celebrate my birthday.
+tiny Teagan, only days old. 

Old friends. 
Thomas mentored Luke when he was at Seton Hall,
he was a fellow missionary during my years with FOCUS
...and he introduced me to Luke...so he is pretty awesome.
Then a couple days after my birthday, several members of Luke's family {7 to be exact} came to Colorado to join in on the party.  It was nice to have both sides of our family together for a couple of dinners while they were in town. 
The Vercollone gang--Luke's parents and five of his siblings.
 

Totally candid, real-time photo of Mary rolling a Yahtzee!
Seriously was just planning on taking a boring picture of our game playing when...
YAHTZEE!!
When you have that many candles, you need some help blowing them out :)
 
My top three goals for this year are to:
1)  Grow spiritually.
2)  Grow as a Wife and a Mom.
3)  Grow a baby!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment