Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Light

Do you ever have those moments in life where all of a sudden--even for just a few minutes-- everything in your world makes sense?


Time stands still.


You see things so clearly.


You realize what is truly important.


You are thankful--very thankful.


You are there living in the moment, but you feel like you are also watching it from outside.


You are filled with peace.


You acknowledge the true meaning of your life, meaning far greater than the here and now.


You feel so happy you could cry...and sometimes you do.



You are completely content.


You wish the feeling would last forever.


You want to share it with those you love most.


I had one of those moments last night. I don't expect these moments of consolation--and try not to rely on them for peace and trust in God's plan--but I do love them and am thankful for them. They can be some of my deepest moments of prayer [and they most often happen right after I receive the Eucharist at church].


Last night, Luke and I were playing a board game by candlelight [not for lack of power--we were "on" a date], drinking red wine, and listening to some quality tunes. It was during this particular song that my world stood still:



I had never really heard the song before, so later I went back and listened to it again and found the lyrics very touching and appropriate. In fact, it was the perfect song for that night and for what I had been feeling at that moment.



It reminded me of Luke. It reminded me how thankful I am that God gave him to me--as my best friend, my companion, one who cares so much for me and my soul, one who truly wants to lead me to the LIGHT [and the way and the truth]...it reminded how insignificant everything else is. It's so easy to get caught up in, and worry about, the things of this world, and sometimes I lose sight of what really matters. Especially right after such a big change for me, I think God was just letting me know that I am right where I am meant to be. [Thank you, God :)]


Enjoy the song. BTW, Sarah Bareilles' whole cd [Kaleidoscope Heart] is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment