Sunday, November 20, 2011

Raspberries for Jesus

Saturday morning, Luke, Augustine, and I went to Mass together.  During the service, Augustine got a bit loud--he has this new high pitched squeal he likes to do in quiet places with echo-ey walls {i.e. churches}. 

At one point, during the peak of his squealing, I took him outside the main area to the back of the church where a huge crucifix hangs on the wall. 

Augustine loves Jesus and insists on giving Him kisses every chance he gets.  It's really quite sweet.  For several minutes, Augustine just looked at Jesus hanging on the cross on the wall and said, "Ouch, ouch, ouch," as he pointed out the wounds on Jesus' feet, knees, side, hands, and head. 

Naturally, he then wanted to kiss Jesus' wounds to make them feel better.  So we walked over to the crucifix, and Augustine leaned down to kiss Jesus' feet.  Then I lifted him a bit to kiss Jesus' knees.  Next, he kissed His hands and finally His side {Jesus' head was a little too high...}.  At that point, Augustine said, "belly button," pointing to Jesus' belly button and leaning in for what I expected to be another kiss. 

But the moment his sweet lips touched Jesus' belly button, Augustine blew a big raspberry! 

I laughed out loud. 

But I can't argue with his logic--boo boos get kissed and belly buttons get raspberries!

I am sure Jesus loved it. :)  

"Let the little children come to me..."
Matthew 19:14

1 comment: