Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Quick Takes (4)

Check out more Quick Takes here.

1)  I don't think I have ever been so tired for so many consecutive days {and nights}.  Between visitors, fevers, vomiting, starting our days at 5 am, and teething, no one in this house has slept great for the past month.  Why haven't I been blogging much lately?  Because I have been trying to catch some much needed zzzz's while Augustine naps.  Four to five hours of sleep at night is just not enough, and I am really hoping more sleep is on my horizon--and soon!

2)  Rather than running to bed early last night, Luke and I went out on a date.  We bowled and had a few beers, and it was wonderful...but the party ended when we got home {or, became a party of three, if you want to look on the bright side}.  Upon walking into the house, our babysitter informed us that A had "just started crying."  Aye, aye, aye.  Let's just say that was only the beginning of a very long night...

3)  My husband is awesome.
   
4)  Today marks the 21 year anniversary of my Mom's death.  It just doesn't seem possible that it has been that long!  While my Mom deserves her own post, I am too tired...and as a Mama of five, who birthed two children less than a year apart, I know she would understand. 

5)  This week I rearranged our living room furniture, and I am really loving it.  It feels more cozy, and I reserved an entire area for A's toys and playthings. 

6)  Speaking of his toys, Augustine loves vacuuming with me {i.e. he insists that I carry his while I vacuum} so much that yesterday I bought him his very own vacuum.  He is ridiculously cute with it and has not stopped playing with it since we got home with it.  Today Luke called and said, "How is A doing with his vacuum?  Does he have a healthy relationship with it yet?"  Lol...and no.

7)  My younger sister finally made it Facebook official, so now I can share it on the blogosphere that she is expecting another bundle of joy in December!!  Woo-hoo! 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to catch up on sleep soon! Glad you and your husband were able to go on a quick date! A is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so funny and cute with that vacuume! And thanks for sharing my exciting news :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete